You will have the opportunity to join a close knit team and develop your professional experience. The ideal candidate needs to demonstrate initiative, originality, ingenuity and excellent problem-solving skills. Medical device design experience is essential.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Serve as design engineer for major development projects or multiple simultaneous projects.
- Ensure that engineering/electrical/software design activities are coordinated per the development procedure.
- Responsible for leading, participating in or supporting the following product development activities:
- Concept, planning, design and execution stages of major new products or product enhancements
- Risk assessment
- Design reviews
- As a member of multiple cross-functional teams, create and release Product Requirements, Design Specifications and Design Descriptions for assigned projects, as required by applicable medical device standards and internal procedures.
- Research design options and perform experiments to determine potential design feasibility.
Education & Experience:
- Medical device engineering experience essential
- Engineering Apprenticeship with considerable experience
- MSc or MEng degree plus experience
- CAD skills
- Project management concepts and methodologies
- Proven experience in a technical position developing electro-mechanical system.
- Experienced user of Matlab and LabView.
- Six Sigma or process/design excellence methodologies Experience with Medical Device Directive (MDD), ISO 13485, FDA design controls or similar regulatory environment.
G2 Clinical and Professional Resourcing are specialist recruiters for a wide range of positions including R&D, Quality, Compliance, Regulatory Affairs, Manufacturing and Operational positions. Medical Directors to Laboratory Assistants; all staff in phases I-IV Clinical Studies, including Clinical Research Associates (CRAs), Statisticians, Data Managers, Drug Safety Scientists; Regulatory Affairs personnel
Region: West Midlands
Salary: £25,000 - £40,000 DOE
Sector: General Surgery