Medtech and pharmaceutical companies have made several important strides over the past year when it comes to improving diabetes treatment.
Multiple treatments and technologies have cleared regulatory hurdles and are now hitting the market and making the process of living with diabetes that much more manageable.
Several different styles of therapy and devices have come from all corners of the diabetes space, but here are seven that could be making a positive difference soon.
1. Tandem closed-loop controller
2. Senseonics implantable CGM
3. Novo Nordisk oral diabetes pill
4. OptiScan bedside monitoring system
5. One Drop wireless glucose meter kit
6. Valeritas insulin delivery patch
7. DarioHealth diabetes management software